Registering is the first step to voting. You can check your registration status, update your registration, or register for the first time using the resources below.
To register to vote, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States;
- A legal resident of Washington State;
- At least 18 years old by Election Day;
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order; and
- Not currently serving a DOC sentence of total confinement in prison
More detailed information on voter eligibility requirements a can be found on the Secretary of State’s webpage
You may pre-register to vote if you are 16 or 17 years old as a Future Voter.
Deadline to Register or Make Updates
Online and mail registrations can only be received 8 days before Election Day.
Register to vote in-person at the Vote Center during business hours and any time before 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Please register early!