Mason County Auditors Office Elections

Seasonal Residents

In Mason County we have a large number of seasonal residents who call Mason County home, but spend part of the year in other parts of the country, or in some cases the world. The good news is you can still vote in Washington State even if you are away from home during an election.

Receiving a Ballot Away From Home

To make sure you receive your ballot:

  • Update your seasonal mailing address. You can do this through the online Voter Portal, in-person at the Vote Center, or by calling our office at (360) 427-9670 ext. 470.
  • Provide the first and last days you expect to receive mail at this address.
  • Indicate whether this address will be temporary or recurring. In other words, will this be a one-time occurrence or do you use this address during the same time frame every year?

That’s it. If it is a one-time occurrence, you will receive one ballot there unless you call us and ask us to reinstate it at a later date. If you checked the ‘recurring’ box, we will send your ballot to your seasonal address each year between those dates.

Although your mailing address can be anywhere in the world, your residential address must remain in Washington State. For more information on voting residency, visit the Secretary of State’s Residency Requirements page.

How to be an Informed Voter

Washington has many ways to help voters become informed about ballot measures and candidates:

  • For General Elections held in November, the state General Election Voters’ Pamphlet is mailed to every household in Washington. If you need the General Election Voters’ Pamphlet in accessible formats or alternate languages, call (800) 448-4881 or email
  • For personalized ballot measure and candidate information online, registered voters can sign into the online Voter Portal. Once signed into your registration record, go to the menu section entitled Voters’ Guide.
  • For local races, you can also visit our What’s On the Ballot? page, which is updated before every election.