Washington State is a Universal Vote by Mail state, which means there are no traditional poll sites for in-person voting. Instead, every county has a Vote Center, typically located in or near the County Auditor’s Office. Vote Centers serve specific purposes, which are described below.
The Vote Center is on the ground floor of the County Administration Building. The entrance is at the back of the building off the parking lot.
Vote Center Services
- In-person voter registration and updates
- Accessible Voting Unit for voters needing extra assistance
- Ballot issuance
- Ballot measure submissions
- Candidate filing
- Voter information requests
- Ballot Box located inside to drop off ballots
Vote Center Hours & Location
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM and Election Days: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Location: 411 N 5th St., Shelton, WA 98584 (Back Entrance)
Before Visiting the Vote Center – COVID-19 Precautions
Most everything required, from voter registration to replacement ballots, can be done remotely, either online, by phone, or by mail. To maintain the safest possible environment we suggest you explore the options provided here on our website before coming to visit us in person.
If you need in-person services, please be prepared to:
- Follow social distancing rules. Due to space restrictions, we ask that only two individuals be inside the Vote Center lobby at one time.
- Wear a mask covering your mouth and nose. If you forget or need a mask, we will be happy to provide one for you.
If you are unable to wear a mask, for any reason, please call ahead so we can offer you alternate accommodations. The safety of our voters and election staff is very important to us.