Washington State is a Universal Vote by Mail state, which means there are no traditional poll sites for in-person voting. Instead, every county has a Vote Center, typically located in or near the County Auditor’s Office. Vote Centers serve specific purposes, which are described below.
The Vote Center is on the ground floor of the County Administration Building. The entrance is at the back of the building off the parking lot.
Vote Center Services
- In-person voter registration and updates
- Online voter registration through computer kiosks in the lobby
- Accessible Voting Unit for voters needing extra assistance
- Ballot issuance
- Ballot measure submissions
- Candidate filing
- Voter information requests
Vote Center Hours & Location
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM and Election Days: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Location: 411 N 5th St., Shelton, WA 98584 (Back Entrance)
Before Visiting the Vote Center – COVID-19 Precautions
Most everything required, from voter registration to replacement ballots, can be done remotely, either online, by phone, or by mail. To maintain the safest possible environment we suggest you explore the options provided here on our website before coming to visit us in person.
If you need in-person services, please be prepared to:
- Follow social distancing rules. Due to space restrictions, we ask that only two individuals be inside the Vote Center lobby at one time.
- Wear a mask covering your mouth and nose. If you forget or need a mask, we will be happy to provide one for you.
If you are unable to wear a mask, for any reason, please call ahead so we can offer you alternate accommodations. The safety of our voters and election staff is very important to us.
As a Universal Vote by Mail State, there are no poll sites or voting machines. It has been this way in Mason County since 2005. However, if you prefer to vote in-person you may do so. In order to provide the services listed above in our small Vote Center space, voters requesting to vote in-person will be asked to:
- Bring your mailed ballot with you – If you have lost or never received yours we can provide a replacement.
- Mark your ballot in the Vote Center lobby or in your car.
- Place your ballot in the return envelope, sign, and place it in the ballot drop box provided.